[Wctcca] Client Diagnosis

Kendra Thew kendra.thew at edmonds.edu
Thu Jan 19 14:02:57 PST 2023

Hello Folks!

For many years (longer than any of us have been working here) at Edmonds
College there has been a policy that we cannot diagnose mental health
disorders for our clients. We have been interested in changing this policy
and are doing our best to get clear answers about this from our division
and college legal. However, we were wondering how other college counseling
centers in our state approach this? Do you diagnose at your center? Why or
why not?

Any information is much appreciated!

Kendra

--
Kendra Thew, Ph.D., LMHC
Licensed Psychologist

*Email is not to be used for urgent or emergency messages.  Email is not a
completely secure or confidential means of communication.  Greater privacy
can be provided when you speak directly with me via the telephone or in
person.*

*Notice: This email (including attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to
the sender that you have received the message in error and then delete it.
Thank you.*