[Wctcca] Counseling and interpretation services for refugees and immigrants

Kristi Leksen kleksen at everettcc.edu
Wed Mar 9 18:38:26 PST 2022

As the crises in Ukraine and Russia unfold, we are doing our best to locate
services for students seeking counseling through interpreters or in their
first languages. This is what colleagues have recommended so far, and we'd
love to know of any resources you've used and/or discovered as well:

Language Link
https://language.link/?fbclid=IwAR16lXp9NrE_UKIwebtp4Q20txd0_VouZU9hv5KgoqiODeQk8gAndpugLDM

Ukrainian Community Center of Washington:
http://uccwa.org/programs/behavioral-health/?fbclid=IwAR0SWuek4fenncPN1upD_ybX9JU314vFG1645hJISZq-9MnbMs6raEaQ4f8

Lutheran Community Services Northwest:
https://lcsnw.org/program/community-resource-centers/

Hopefully collaborating about the imminent needs of these populations will
increase general awareness of services for all of our students who are
immigrants and refugees.

*Kristi Leksen, MA, LMHC*

*Counselor/Human Development Instructor*

*She/Her*

Everett Community College

425.388.9964 x7347

kleksen at everettcc.edu

*Counseling and Student Success: *https://www.everettcc.edu/students/css

Urgent Care or Crisis?

If this is a life-threatening emergency. please call 9-1-1. For 24/7
emergency counseling, referral, or assistance please call:

• Snohomish County: Volunteers of America Care Crisis Response Services
(Crisis Line) 800-584-3578

• King County: Crisis Connections (Crisis Line) 866-427-4747

 • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255

 • Lifeline Crisis Chat: Talk to someone NOW
<http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/>

*For your own protection, please be aware that e-mail is not a secure or
confidential means of communication.*