[Wctcca] Promising Practices Exchange Focus on Student Mental Health

Heidi Matlack hmatlack at yvcc.edu
Fri Jan 14 14:14:04 PST 2022

Hello Counselors!

This year's series of Promising Practices Exchange webinars will focus on student mental health and student basic needs. The upcoming one on February 17th is on student mental health.  If you think there are practices at your colleges that you want to contribute to the Exchange, please submit your proposal! At the webinar, there will also be an update on the implementation of the mental health pilot program that began this past fall as well.

For more information about the Exchange, what is meant by a "promising practice" in our system, and a submission form with instructions for submitting your practice, visit: https://www.sbctc.edu/about/task-forces-work-groups/strategic-enrollment/promising-practices.aspx<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbctc.edu%2Fabout%2Ftask-forces-work-groups%2Fstrategic-enrollment%2Fpromising-practices.aspx&data=04%7C01%7Chmatlack%40yvcc.edu%7Cb78a09e164ee406ab42c08d9d490b12a%7Cf8b6a2d7036440ce943eeb02d6c35deb%7C0%7C0%7C637774540184896067%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=8l74UWgD%2BO%2BySZIOnBS9ZK1IRet8GIVZX8ffExJfW%2FI%3D&reserved=0>
To be considered for the Meeting Student Mental Health Needs panel presentation on February 17, please submit your promising practice no later than Friday, January 28.

Thank you!

Heidi Matlack M.A. LMHC
Counselor
Yakima Valley College, Grandview
500 W Main Street
(509) 882.7042
hmatlack at yvcc.edu<mailto:hmatlack at yvcc.edu>

The YVC Counseling & Advising Center provides a team based approach that helps students realize their educational, career and personal goals.  We create a welcoming and safe environment allowing students to feel accepted, respected and understood.  Our counselors and advisors are dedicated, responsive, and culturally sensitive professionals offering comprehensive services, referrals and advocacy.