[Wctcca] WCTCCA Conference and Open Positions

Devon Klein DKlein at greenriver.edu
Mon Apr 11 11:38:29 PDT 2022

Greetings all,

Welcome to spring! I'm so excited for our return to Rainbow Lodge for our conference this year. I have been looking forward to it fondly as "counselor camp" and can't wait to see your beautiful faces either in person or virtually. I am including both a link to the registration page on our website as well as an attachment of the flyer that you can print and mail in. Please feel free to reach out if you have any difficulties with your registration.  https://www.wctcca.org/spring-2022-conference

At the conference one of our most important items of business to address will be filling positions on the steering committee, so you can help create the next conference and quarterly meetings. These positions are great for demonstrating leadership in your tenure process or post-tenure. Also, the connections you can create are quite empowering in allowing you to speak to your administration with confidence about statewide trends and what works or doesn't at other colleges. Our work can often leave us operating in silos and this team is a true joy to connect with to offer collegiality, mutual support and resources.

The commitment is a one-hour video conference call once a month during the school year and some tasks between the calls such as contacting a trainer, updating minutes, or distributing a flyer; depending on which position you take. The members serving in these positions currently are available for consultation, mentorship, and support in transitioning into your new role.

Please consider stepping into any of the following positions, no experience is necessary:

Vice Chairperson: assists the chairperson and shadows them to learn the role they will step into next term
Secretary: takes minutes during both the steering committee meetings and membership meetings
Western Region Rep: brings perspective from the western region to our decision making
Eastern Region Rep: brings perspective from the eastern region to our decision making

This time of change is exciting as the WCTCCA looks to the future of our dynamic and developing organization that serves to unite and educate counselors at CTCs across the state. We hope you will be a part of this with us.

Devon Klein, MA, LMHC

She/Her/Hers Pronouns

GRC Faculty Counselor

WCTCCA President

253-351-6673

 dklein at greenriver.edu

“Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open."          ~Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

Counseling Services Mission Statement

Counseling Services fosters student success and retention by teaching emotional coping techniques, informing and educating students on relevant health and wellness topics, and developing effective self-care skills for optimal lifelong psychological health.

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone at (253) 833-9111, ext. 4492, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.