[Wctcca] Gathering input regarding department leadership and assessment

Wilson, Nicole nwilson at highline.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:00:13 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Our office is doing some research into different leadership models (department coordinator vs counseling director) and student assessment modalities. I'm reaching out to my counseling colleagues for your input/advice.

  1.  How many of you have full time Directors of Counseling? For those that do, would you mind sending me a job description?(nwilson at highline.edu)

  1.  What kinds of general wellness/mental health assessments do you use that can be given to the entire student body? Do any of you give short mental health/wellness assessments as part of registration or advising?

Any insights would be very helpful. Thank you!

Nicole Hoyes Wilson, MSW, MA, LICSW, LMHC
Faculty Counselor
Department Coordinator, Counseling Center
nwilson at highline.edu