[Wctcca] How is your college supporting employees' mental health?

Koepping, Gloria gkoepping at highline.edu
Thu Mar 4 11:02:11 PST 2021

We only help faculty and staff if there is an emergency or death of a faculty or staff member.  Our HR sends out monthly notices about the State Employee Assistance program workshops and services and faculty and staff are encouraged to make use of that.  I have been to one of their workshops and it was pretty good.  Other faculty where I work have talked to their counselors and gotten referrals or some relief from their anxiety or depression.  I have also referred faculty off campus to outside providers for them to interview for fit.

Gloria Rose Koepping at Highline