[Wactclc-primo] Ebsco issues from yesterday resolved?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon May 23 13:58:12 PDT 2022

Just FYI, The Ebsco OPID is only relevant for institutions that don't use IP-based authentication. Anyone relying on EZProxy, including all of you, use IP-based authentication, so OPID isn't used.

The root issue appears to have been a change Ebsco made to a URL on their side, which they didn't properly redirect.

ExLibris posted about the issue on Primo-L over the weekend, which it looks like a few of you saw:

Hello all

Thank you for raising this matter and thank you to those who have also supplied useful and informative responses.

As stated below, it appears that the EBSCO base URL has changed from https://openurl.ebscohost.com to https://openurl.ebsco.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/openurl.ebsco.com__;!!NknhfzgzgQ!3Fpma8ak84yrD5KN0yCqwb-FLnvNaVXWVsUINs_2iFOK5lqA_xb2LVvck1A2sxpesqzTg7o6jYBNmpe248p39feZ33puiCH3ijL4DA$>.
Initially the old URL was not redirecting to the new one, and Support received broken link cases. Now it seems the old URL is redirecting to the new one and linking is successful.

We will work with EBSCO to confirm whether this base URL change is permanent, so that we can update our linkers and parsers for all KBs, but for now linking is working via the redirect.

Best,

Rael Elstein

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>