[Wactclc-primo] WACTCLC and what's next for the Alma / Primo project

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Mar 3 18:32:04 PST 2022

Hi all,

Just a head’s up to all, I’ve let the governance committee know that I won’t be looking to renew my employment contract with WACTCLC when my current contract expires at the end of June.

I’ve been working on library systems since 2004, through three different organizations, and with a specific focus for the past decade on Alma/Primo. So, needless to say, I’m feeling ready for some fresh and different horizons. 😊

Meanwhile, the Alma / Primo project is now 5 years into its existence, ctcLink will (finally) be live at all institutions as of May, and (hopefully) COVID will shortly be in the rearview mirror for all of us.

All those things combined provide an excellent time for the consortium (basically, all of you)  to consider the next five years for the Alma / Primo project, and what happens now. I’m sure the governance committee will be considering the position I currently hold, and what the next iteration of the position, and the consortium, might  look like. And it’s a great opportunity for participating institutions to consider your needs and desires regarding the position and the consortium.

I’m sure there will be opportunities for feedback and discussions the next 5 years and beyond. So, I’d suggest to all to begin thinking about what kinds of support your library needs or wants going forward, and what else you might wish from a shared effort like this one.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>