[Wactclc-primo] Recommended viewing - Tacoma Community College 3 minute intro video on their discovery tool (ExLibris Summon)

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Oct 22 19:04:55 PDT 2021

I was just reviewing the discovery tools for the non-Alma/Primo WACTC libraries, and came across this very nice intro video on TCC's catalog page:

SuperSearch video tutorial (3:24)<https://tacomacc.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=dd61453a-6562-4d9b-91db-ad820120d035>

Summon and Primo VE are so similar, this video basically applies to Primo VE as well.

This video covers a lot of info very smoothly in just over 3 minutes. Both search terms selection (pre-search) and use of facets (post-serach) are highlighted. And mention is made of both the reality of broken links, and what to do if a broken link is encountered.

The focus is more on electronic resources rather than physical. So, another minute on locating a physical item after a search, or placing a request, especially for equipment, might be useful. Or maybe that's a second video.

But all in all, a very nice piece of work.

I believe credit goes to Sherry Cmiel for this video.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>