[Wactclc-primo] Alma Primo Call - March 2, 2021 - Recording and Notes

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Mar 4 14:42:00 PST 2021

Best response I can offer is "Progress, not perfection"! :)

Both recommendations are somewhat optional, and depend on whether you need to workaround results in Primo that are negatively affecting users.

"We subscribe to only some titles in this collection" would more accurately be labeled as "Confirm Alma holdings before marking CDI citation as full text available?"

What the setting is really doing is determining whether Primo just assumes all citations in the associated CDI collection are available to you and shows them all as available, or whether Primo first checks your Alma holdings file to make sure you have access.

Having Primo check the Alma holdings file first is safeguard against false-positive "full text available" citations. It's really only some of the link-resolver based collections. But using it for the others doesn't really hurt anything.

Disabling CDI search for ebook collections is optional, depending on whether duplicate ebook titles are impacting users negatively. In other words, do duplicate ebook title results prevent users from getting to the content they want? If yes, then disabling CDI content to suppress those makes sense. Otherwise, leaving the CDI  content active, for book chapter citations, might be preferable.

Of course, best result would be no duplicates and with book chapter citations, something ExLibris is working on for release later this year.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>

Schedule a meeting with me<https://calendly.com/wactclcalmaprimo/>
My Zoom Instant Meeting Link<https://bigbend.zoom.us/j/8763410457>