[Wactclc-primo] Duplicate ebooks

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:03:21 PDT 2021

Hi Everyone:

I know this was recently discussed in the meetings and on the list and it had to do with the settings for if something was included to search in CDI.

We have some standalone ebooks that we purchased from ProQuest (we do not subscribe to eBook Central) and that I did not bother to add to a local electronic collection. These titles were showing up as duplicates in Primo. I tried to go into the individual electronic titles and there was no place where it mentioned the CDI or allowed me to change settings there.

 I decided to create a local electronic collection and add these few portfolios from ProQuest to it. However, now that I've added that collection and the individual ebooks as portfolios, I still am unable to add anything related to the CDI. When I go to the CDI tab in the electronic collection, it says "No relevant CDI fields to display for this collection"

I tried the chat in Alma and the person there said it was too complicated, and opened a case for me. I feel like this should be something simple that I missed somewhere along the way.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Elena

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian