[Wactclc-primo] New materials lists

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Wed Jan 27 12:14:38 PST 2021

Hi all:

We are trying to figure out how to create an easy/automated way of creating a new materials list. I know we talked about this a long time ago on one of the calls. We have been using a custom scope for new materials that is based on the Location "New Materials Display." That worked great when we were in person and new materials were automatically placed on the display when they were checked in. And, of course, this only applied to physical materials.

However, since we've been on remote operations, we now are adding individual ebook titles that we would like to highlight and we would like to highlight other new materials that we continue to purchase but that are not in the "New Materials Display" location because they are just going directly to the stacks.

Is there a way to set a custom scope by date added to the collection? I tried this having one of the conditions of the scope be the Metadata:Date Added field, which is one of my choices. However, that won't let me set the date value. It only lets me set a value that is related to keywords.

I could just make it a point to do a search of items added by date, and saving that list and then adding a link to those results, but that would be more labor intensive, and would require that I remember to update the search every month.

Is there any other way that I could create a list like this that I could display in Discovery? How are you all creating New Materials displays?

Thanks,

Elena

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library

2405 E. College Way

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Stay connected and follow SVC libraries on Facebook or Instagram.