[Wactclc-primo] Alma / Primo Call - August 17, 2021 - notes (Alma RSS Feeds)

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Aug 18 09:42:20 PDT 2021

I didn't record yesterday's call, which ended up being about Alma RSS Feeds.

But I did post some meeting notes. (Alma / Primo Calls - Meetings - LibGuides at Big Bend Community College<https://libguides.bigbend.edu/c.php?g=1143978&p=8347244>)

I did spend some time on RSS feeds yesterday afterwards and talked to Tria at Wenatchee about what she's trying to do.

Alma RSS feeds, are less restrictive than I was remembering. And could serve some "new books" use-cases pretty well (with a couple of limitations, including 'physical titles only').

And one thing I discovered yesterday is that, unlike my previous attempts, I was able to publish an Alma RSS feed in LibGuides<https://libguides.bigbend.edu/c.php?g=1169998>, by creating a URL for the list via Feedburner.

Anyway, see the meeting notes for more details.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>