[Wactclc-primo] Question about FRBR displays

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Wed Sep 30 15:44:57 PDT 2020

I have a question about how to adjust the FRBR options for Primo. We have two vendors, Films on Demand and Alexander Street PRess, both of whom provide access to the Ken Burns Jazz series. They both show up separately in Primo.  The MARC records from each vendor are very different, and I'm having a hard time determining what the FRBR function matches on in Alma.

I went to the FRBR and Dedup Test Utility in Configuration, and when I compared in both Dedup and FRBR there are no matches. I'm guessing that's because the MARC records for Avon and Films on Demand are really different looking - especially the title fields for this series. [cid:image001.png at 01D69740.A5371540]

So, my question is whether there is a way to do a batch edit on one of the sets of records so that they will somehow be FRBRized together?

I also noticed that we have the Ken Burns Jazz series in DVD and CDs and those aren't FRBRized, either. But, for now, I'd just be happy if the online versions got grouped together in results.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Elena

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library

2405 E. College Way

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Stay connected and follow SVC libraries on Facebook or Instagram.