[Wactclc-primo] [EXTERNAL*]-RE: Import profile question

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Oct 5 12:33:33 PDT 2020

Lesley,

This is more or less what we're doing with EBSCO Collection Manager titles.

After we place the order on the ECM platform, EBSCO sends us a spreadsheet with the title, static URL, price, and number of licensed users.  At that point, acquisitions staff use this information to find the appropriate portfolio record in the CZ collection. They create a POL on the CZ portfolio record and copy the static URL into the portfolio record.  We were adding a public note to the portfolio record listing the number of licensed users, but we've since found out that we can record that in the POL and have it show up in Primo.

Acquisitions staff also open up the bib record in the MD Editor and assign the bib to our cataloger for cataloging. This step is mostly a fail-safe to hopefully prevent titles from falling through the cracks.  We may also have stopped doing this step-- I can't remember anything anymore.

After we place the order, EBSCO also sends an email notice that vendor MARC records are available for the purchased titles.  I download the file of MARC records, and use the Export to Excel function in MARCEdit to create get the OCLC record numbers into a spreadsheet.  I send the spreadsheet to our cataloger, who imports the OCLC records into Alma.  (Once our IT staff make MARCEdit available on our Citrix Desktop, she'll be able to do the MARCEdit step herself.)  After importing the OCLC MARC records, the cataloger relinks the portfolio records to the OCLC bibs.

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Service Manager
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu