[Wactclc-primo] [EXTERNAL*]-Re: [Wactclc-alma] [External] Online textbooks & reserves during COVID-19

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:59:51 PDT 2020

I just checked the Redshelf list of eligible colleges and it looks like most of our colleges are included. It requires students to create an account, and identify their school (Skagit Valley College did appear) and apparently it knows if it's an employee or a student email address (I could create an account with my student email, but not my faculty email address). They can then add up to 7 titles to their "Bookshelf."  Depending on the titles, portions of the book may be copied or printed (for example, Bittinger's Pre Algebra says 20% can be printed), so we may want to suggest that they save printing and/or saving options for the readings that occur in the latter part of the quarter.

May 25 will take us through most of the quarter, but it would be nice if they could extend it through part of June...

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library

2405 E. College Way