[Wactclc-primo] Primo VE Search: No "Available in the Library" Limiter

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Wed Jun 5 15:34:15 PDT 2019

Nina,

That is definitely crazy.

Traci

From: Wactclc-primo <wactclc-primo-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Nina Pitts
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:58 PM
To: 'WACTCLC Primo discussions' <wactclc-primo at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-primo] Primo VE Search: No "Available in the Library" Limiter

Traci, we had something glitchy going on with "available in the library" today, too. A staff member pointed the same thing out to me about half an hour ago...after doing a general search, titles were retrieved that clearly were available in the library - but she had no option to limit to those. I did exactly the same search, same browser, on my work station, and I did have the option. Then, together, we did the same thing on her station to verify that our results had been different. She still didn't have the option...but two minutes later we searched again on her station and she did. (I know, that's the definition of crazy, right - doing the same thing over and expecting a different result? But systems don't always follow normal rules - we did it over, and got a different result. :) )

The issue is still toggling back and forth for me as we speak. When I started typing this reply, I could choose "available in the library" but now it's not there. Are there major solar flares today or something?
Nina