[Wactclc-primo] [External] RE: Jan 15, 2019 meeting notes and recording

Devereux, Saint-Jean sdevereux at shoreline.edu
Thu Jan 17 12:59:37 PST 2019

This is what EBSCO provided us, and it seems to be working well, although it might help to add doi and pmid:

genre={IfNotEmpty({ISBN},bookitem,article)}&{IfNotEmpty({ISBN},isbn={ISBN},issn={ISSN})}&title={IfNotEmpty({book},{book},{IfNotEmpty({journal},{journal},{IfNotEmpty({seriestitle},{seriestitle},{IfNotEmpty({dissertation},{dissertation},{title})})})})}&volume={VOLUME}&issue={ISSUE}&date={DATE}&atitle={TITLE}&spage={strtpage}&pages={pages}&sid=EBSCO:{database}&au={IfNotEmpty({bookauthor},{bookauthor},{AUTHOR})

Most of the failures I've seen- for all of our resources- are due to bad/changes in ISSNs.
I'm not sure if having a good doi or pmid would help in these instances or not.

A related caveat to keep in mind with dois is that some countries allow inclusion of special characters, which can break a url.
This is a rare occurence, but it happens.

v/r,

saint-jean

Saint-Jean Devereux
Library & Archive Para 2