[Wactclc-primo] [Wactclc-alma] ELUNA Draft Schedule Open

Daniel Moore daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu
Mon Feb 25 09:59:39 PST 2019

Plugging for DevDay+!

Developer's Day (now called Developer's Day+
<https://el-una.org/meetings/eluna-2019/eluna-2019-developers-day/>, since
it was SO AWESOME it was expanded to two days) is a low-stress and friendly
environment of folks who like to tinker with Alma and Primo to do neat
things beyond Alma and Primo's typical boundaries. Developer's Day started
three years ago and was driven entirely by community efforts to meet
informally before ELUNA began to share programming tips, cool innovations,
and new ideas with one another. Since then, it's grown in leaps and bounds,
and now we have formal workshops alongside demos and presentations from our
colleagues in the global community. Fun fact - the Primo Studio was created
due to open discussion and planning at Developer's Day 2015 and 2016 and
then formalized with Ex Libris in 2017.

And, because it's community driven, the Ex Libris corporate-ness is really
toned down. If you just want to work with other librarians on challenging
projects to make Alma and Primo behave better for our users, the DevDay+
community is fantastic.

(Full disclosure, I was on the planning committee, which is why I'm
cheering so hard for it.)

-Dan

--
Regards,