[Wactclc-primo] is it over?

Nina Pitts NPitts at pencol.edu
Thu Feb 14 09:02:59 PST 2019

Glad you made it through, Wade!

Peninsula's Port Angeles campus will open at 10 am today, for the first time since closing at 10 am last Friday. In 22 years, I don't remember being closed for this long due to weather. The main roads in town are clear, but the side streets are very icy, and roads outside of town are hit-and-miss. Cars are parked everywhere. I live about 3/4 mile from town at a slight elevation, and we still have 20 measurable inches on the ground, consolidated from a high of 3 feet. I'm so grateful we've had power the whole time. As long as you didn't have to go onto the roads, it was kind of fun. I snowshoed 1/4 mile over to my neighbor's every day to feed her cat.

I don't know how busy campus will be, since Port Angeles K-12 schools are still closed, and our students may not have childcare options. But I'm glad to be back to the routine. If I can remember what is was that I was doing before the storm hit. :-)  I hope everyone has been safe and okay.

Nina