[Wactclc-primo] Fwd: [Primo] Ex Libris Signs Agreement to Acquire Innovative

Daniel Moore daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu
Thu Dec 5 14:08:10 PST 2019

And ExL gets even bigger!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Scott Schuetze via Primo <primo at exlibrisusers.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 1:09 PM
Subject: [Primo] Ex Libris Signs Agreement to Acquire Innovative
To: Ex Libris user community discussion list for Primo <
primo at exlibrisusers.org>
Cc: Scott Schuetze <Scott.Schuetze at proquest.com>

[image: banner]

Dear All, I am happy to announce that Ex Libris has signed an agreement to
acquire Innovative. Founded in 1978, Innovative is a highly respected
company with over 40 years of experience in serving public and academic
libraries. The company’s complementary software portfolio includes
integrated library systems and solutions in the areas of resource sharing,
library discovery, digital asset management, and metadata management. As
part of the acquisition, Innovative will become a business unit within Ex
Libris, reporting to me. Innovative’s products, which customers have been
using and relying on for many years, will continue to be supported and
enhanced. This exciting acquisition aligns with emerging trends in our
industry, whereby libraries of all types are looking for new ways in which
they can increase their value to their immediate and extended environments.
We have been hearing from many of you how important it is for your
institution to collaborate more closely with your community and the public
for the common good. Innovative’s investment in the public library sector
will enable us to proactively drive new forms of partnerships and
collaboration, helping you expand your contribution to your community. With
the addition of Innovative, we will expand our global teams, including
Customer Support, Implementation, and Training Services. Our combined
expertise will help us accelerate existing initiatives related to library
management, discovery, teaching and learning, and research solutions, as
well as introduce new ones. For example, together we will be better
positioned to serve consortia that have a mix of academic, research,
special, and public libraries and advance our recently announced resource
sharing initiative. At the same time, our strategic mission of supporting
academic institutions remains in force, and we will continue to execute our
product roadmap as planned. We will keep on investing in library services
and connecting libraries to teaching, learning, and research through our
broad range of higher-ed cloud solutions. Working together with the Ex
Libris community has always been a key part of our culture. We value our
close partnership with you and look forward to receiving your input and
guidance as we move along this exciting path. The acquisition is expected
to close in early 2020. For more information about this announcement,
please see the Frequently Asked Questions document
<http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/FAQ-Ex-Libris-Acquires-Innovative.pdf>
. As a reminder, until the acquisition closes, the companies remain
separate and will conduct business as usual. I would like to thank each and
every one of you for your ongoing partnership with us, and I wish you and
your families a happy holiday season. Sincerely, Bar Veinstein
President, Ex Libris Group

[image: cid:image002.png at 01D5A9E6.F6BAFF00]