[Wactclc-primo] Newspaper Search in Primo - and opt in vs opt out

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Jun 14 11:17:49 PDT 2018

Following this week's call, I followed up on Primo-L regarding Lesley's comment about the opt out nature of the newspaper search (thread attached).

It does appear that (at least at present) the newspaper search, once out of beta, will be a feature of the "opt out" variety.

So that, TotalCare customers will need to ask via SF to have the new search feature disabled.

I will handle the SF ticketing for this one, so NO action is required on your part, if you do not want the new newspaper search in your environment.

(A number of customers on the thread I started did agree with my desire for the feature to be of the "opt in" variety. So, based on that thread which ExL will see, there may be a response from ExL. If so, I will certainly share that response.)

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Wade Guidry
Library Consortium Services Manager
Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299