[Wactclc-primo] [External] Trying to fix a Primo Problem with New York Times

Herman, Amy aherman at olympic.edu
Tue Feb 27 13:54:22 PST 2018

Dale,

I am getting 2016 and 2017 NYT articles in ProQuest in my Primo results list.  I don’t know what option I would have checked in PCI since there isn’t one there that obviously corresponds to current newspaper collections, but in Alma I have activated, “ProQuest National Newspapers Core Collection.”  This is probably not the correct collection, as it only has 14 portfolios and I now see “ProQuest U.S. Newsstream” available to activate in the CZ with 896 portfolios.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D3AFD2.77DBE8D0]

I can send you what we DO have activated in PCI for ProQuest, although most of the activations are due to the Ebsco alternative coverage list.  Let me know if you think that would be helpful.

I will also try activating “ProQuest U.S. Newsstream” in Alma, and see if I still get recent articles showing in Primo tomorrow.

Amy Herman
Library Faculty | Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337
aherman at olympic.edu<mailto:aherman at olympic.edu> | 360-475-7256

[alma signature]