[Wactclc-primo] Kanopy

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Feb 5 09:40:51 PST 2018

Good morning, everyone,

I have a couple of questions about Kanopy and Primo. Both questions are captured in the attached screenshot.

1)      We have Kanopy in Primo via PCI. It seems to be working well, however the link to the resource says "Full text available" instead of "Online access." I know we did some configuration at the beginning so that online films would say "Online Access" instead of Full text. Films on Demand's links are correct, but not Kanopy. Has anyone else addressed this?

2)      Speaking of Films on Demand, when reviewing the Kanopy titles triggered for purchase, we noticed several were already included in our collection through Films on Demand. Has anyone considered a way to ensure films were not purchased in Kanopy if they were available in Films on Demand? Perhaps by sharing a Films on Demand title list with the Kanopy rep?

Thanks for your thoughts!
-Lesley

Lesley Caldwell

Systems and Instruction Librarian