[Wactclc-primo] Canceled: Weekly Alma Leads+ Call for Technical Services

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Apr 11 16:01:49 PDT 2018

For tomorrow's technical services call, I'd like to switch gears a bit from the recent acquisitions workflow conversations.

We can start the meeting with any Q & A about the previous few calls on ledger / fund, PO Line / PO, invoicing topics.

>From there, I'd like to spend a bit of time talking about:

  1.  The use of managed sets as a general tool
  2.  Cataloging of local electronic collections (to parallel Tuesday's call on eresources), and other cataloging topics related to electronic material.

Sorry, I  forgot to include the link for the new Thurs meeting:

https://bigbend.zoom.us/j/653147474

As discussed at today's Alma / Primo Leads+ call, we are moving to a twice weekly meeting format, as follows:

  *   Tuesdays - 10am to 11am (ongoing)  - Focusing on Fulfillment, Patron Services, and Primo

  *   Thursdays - 1pm to 2pm (starting Feb 22) - Focusing on Acquisitions and Resource Management

We will give this schedule a go for the remainder of this academic year (through end of June), and evaluate then.

Topics such as analytics, electronic resources, and inventory management (items and course reserves) "straddle" the chasm between both focuses, so for now, those topics will be relevant to either.

And I will make an effort to send out meeting agendas at least a few days prior to each meeting, so that you have a chance to review and decide whether a particular meeting is relevant to you.

I am addressing this message rather broadly, to both the WACTCLC-Primo and WACTCLC-Alma lists.

But feel free to forward to others, as necessary.