[Wactclc-primo] [Wactclc-alma] OCLC linking to Primo

Heather Jean Uhl huhl at everettcc.edu
Tue Nov 14 16:30:59 PST 2017

Hi, everyone.

I'm joining this adventure a little late.  I'm hoping folks might have
further insights.

I was able to update EvCC's Primo links via the OCLC FirstSearch admin
module per Dale's instructions.  Links to Everett Primo catalog now work.
I'm specifically trying to troubleshoot linking between items listed as
held by our institution in WorldCat to the local Primo record for that
title.  Please see the screen shot below.

Normally when I click on these library links I connect directly to the
record for the item in our collection, i.e. the EvCC link boxed in red and
pointed out by the arrow in the screenshot.  Instead, WorldCat is linking
to our Primo basic search page.  I tested the ISBN link in the WorldCat
config menu and it works in Primo.  It's just not working on the page shown
below.

Do I need to wait overnight for these processes to update?  Am I missing
something else?

Thanks very much for everyone's thoughts.

-HJ

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Heather Jean Uhl, Faculty Librarian (she / her pronouns)
Acquisitions & Cataloging Department Supervisor

Library Liaison for English, Journalism, Communications, Theater
Japanese Club Adviser / Co-Adviser Myth & Magic Club
Japanese Anime & Manga Arts Festival Co-Chair