[Wactclc-primo] Anyone using the demerit capabilities in Alma

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Jun 21 09:37:25 PDT 2017

Good question, Laura.

(Sort of wrong list, since this is actually the Primo list, but no worries but good question ☺ )

There doesn’t appear to be a way currently to see the number of accumulated points toward a DEMERIT block a user has. Or to reset it to zero.

And the “demerit history days” is rolling window, and can’t currently be reset to clear out previously accumulated demerit points.

But, you can run an analytics report on users with a block id of DEMERIT. So, you could find those users, and remove their demerit blocks, either manually (if a small number of users) or through an update job, at the start of each quarter.

As long as your demerit history (the “demerit history days” setting) window was a reasonable length (like the length of an academic quarter), then removing those existing demerit blocks at the beginning of a quarter might roughly have the same effect as setting demerit point counts back to 0.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Wade Guidry
Library Consortium Services Manager
Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College • 7662 Chanute Street NE • Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299