[Wactclc-primo] Social Logins for Alma and Primo

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Aug 16 13:38:17 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Just a head's up that I've successfully configured Google Social Login for Alma in one of our Alma sandboxes. (I haven't tested in Primo yet, since we don't have a Primo sandbox, but I don't doubt that it would work.)

So, I'm comfortable that I can get Google social login working, for those that might be interested in using social login for community users.

Basically, social logins can be used to allow community users to log into Primo to place holds, view their accounts, etc (in the same way that students and employees can).

I know of at least one or two institutions that were interested in this functionality to support those kinds of use-cases.

So, let me know if you are interested, and I can set up a walk-through with those of you that would like to make use of social logins.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Wade Guidry
Library Consortium Services Manager
Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299