[Wactclc-alma] EzProxy alternative

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Mar 15 17:46:56 PDT 2022

I saw a post on librarydir from Candice at TCC that made me aware of something I didn't know... that some of the content vendors support LTI for remote content access.

So, Ryer, as a near term workaround (and maybe you're already doing this), you could make ProQuest, Ebsco and Gale searchable remotely from within Canvas, if a user is authenticated in Canvas.

It looks like all 3 of them the primary providers offer this capability:

How to set up ProQuest as an External Tool within Canvas using LTI 1.3 Deep Linking Technology<https://support.proquest.com/s/article/How-to-set-up-ProQuest-as-an-External-Tool-within-Canvas-using-LTI-1-3-Deep-Linking-Technology?language=en_US>

LTI in EDS/EBSCOhost - Frequently Asked Questions<https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/LTI-in-EDS-EBSCOhost-General-Overview?language=en_US#:~:text=LTI%20integration%20is%20native%20to,Yes.>

Gale and Your LMS (cengage.com)<https://assets.cengage.com/gale/docs/training/LMS_ResourceGuide.pdf>

This info may be of interest to others as well. Especially those of you who might be working closely with your Canvas admins.

It would just be a alternate was to make remote access available.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>