[Wactclc-alma] EzProxy alternative

Ryer Banta ryer.banta at centralia.edu
Fri Mar 11 13:06:20 PST 2022

Hello colleagues,

I'm still working to restore EzProxy after our cyberattack. Our IT department won't be able to restore our own servers any time soon, and even cloud servers are off the table. They like the sound of OCLC-hosted EzProxy, which is expensive, but nice. But even that will takes months, so that's a bit frustrating. Even if we go with OCLC-hosted, our IT can't do anything with authentication until summer, so that is doubly tough to swallow.

Does anyone use Open Athens for remote authentication? Or do you know of any other options we should consider? If you use OCLC-hosted, I'd appreciate any thoughts on what you love or hate about it.

Thank you and happy Friday.

Ryer Banta
Information Literacy and Technology Librarian
Pronouns: he/him/his
Centralia College
360-623-8121
Ryer.Banta at centralia.edu<https://mail.centralia.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=fNEFFUiOcJn8XZD_VNaqVEixJx9QWtNlXDDsY0izFrXf1xAoVYvYCA..&URL=mailto%3aRyer.Banta%40centralia.edu>