[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL*]- counting databases for ACRL stats

Ryer Banta ryer.banta at centralia.edu
Wed Mar 9 12:23:30 PST 2022

This is timely, we're finally getting into IPEDS right now too. Good luck to us all doing this.

Did something change in the instructions this year that you are now including the open access collections?

In the past, like you, we've counted up databases from our A-Z database list, excluding OA ones there and in Alma. I believe we were under the impression that OA collections were not to be included in the past. But we may have been misunderstanding all along.

Does anyone have any good insights into why our digital serials count is much lower than last year? I would expect growth. We haven't eliminated any big databases or collections.

Ryer Banta
Information Literacy and Technology Librarian
Pronouns: he/him/his
Centralia College
360-623-8121
Ryer.Banta at centralia.edu<https://mail.centralia.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=fNEFFUiOcJn8XZD_VNaqVEixJx9QWtNlXDDsY0izFrXf1xAoVYvYCA..&URL=mailto%3aRyer.Banta%40centralia.edu>