[Wactclc-alma] bulk update to due dates

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Mar 12 17:37:02 PDT 2020

We're mostly protected from the patron expiration date issue at Seattle.

We have such a high number of students who don't/can't complete registration until the first week of the quarter, that we set student expiration dates for the beginning of the following quarter instead of the end of the current quarter.  Students who are taking classes this Winter Quarter have their expiration dates set as April 11, 2020-- the first Saturday of Spring Quarter.

I think we're the only one who do this. Trying to deal with checking out textbooks on Reserve the first week of the quarter was an utter nightmare until we changed how we handle expiration dates.

At our institution, it's the IT staff who set the dates in the SMS and PPMS extract scripts.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Service Manager
Seattle Colleges