[LIBRARYDIR] Librarian Certification

Amy Tureen atureen at spscc.edu
Tue May 14 12:04:29 PDT 2024

That's a no from SPSCC as well

Amy Tureen (she/her)
Dean, Academic Success Programs
2011 Mottman Rd. SW | Olympia, WA 98512
p: 360-596-5416  |  e: atureen at spscc.edu<mailto:atureen at spscc.edu>

[cid:a6d18af4-e6c7-49c7-bdb7-76eb306f9219]<http://spscc.edu>
________________________________
From: LIBRARYDIR <librarydir-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Karen Diller via LIBRARYDIR <librarydir at lists.ctc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 11:10 AM
To: librarydir at lists.ctc.edu <librarydir at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Karen Diller <karen.diller at bellevuecollege.edu>
Subject: [LIBRARYDIR] Librarian Certification

Do any of your libraries require the state librarian certificate for employment as library faculty?  This question just recently came up from a faculty member.  When I was employed at WSU, the RCW was considered only applicable to the state lib and public libraries but wanted to check to see how you all are handling this.  Thanks! -Karen
Karen R. Diller, PhD (she/her)
425-564-3133
Assoc. Dean, Library
Bellevue College
Bellevue, WA
We pause to acknowledge that Bellevue College resides on the traditional land of the Coast Salish Peoples that includes but is not limited to: Snoqualmie, Suquamish, Duwamish, Nisqually, Tulalip, and Muckleshoot (Smulkamish, Stkamish, Skopamish, and Upper Puyallup) Peoples past and present. We remember their connection to the region and recognize their struggles with systemic oppression. We commit to care for the land and center equity at the core of our (un)learning.