[LIBRARYDIR] Libraries and Bookstore Models

Richard S Lewis rlewis88 at uw.edu
Wed May 1 11:25:33 PDT 2024

Thanks, Amy. What vendor are you using?

Richard

From: LIBRARYDIR <librarydir-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Amy Tureen via LIBRARYDIR <librarydir at lists.ctc.edu>
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 10:57 AM
To: librarydir at lists.ctc.edu <librarydir at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Amy Tureen <atureen at spscc.edu>
Subject: Re: [LIBRARYDIR] Libraries and Bookstore Models
We switched to a virtual bookstore about a year and a half ago at SPSCC. At that time, the bookstore transitioned into my portfolio (because "it's about books and so are libraries!" 😅). For the first six months I was quite literally running it myself, which was exhausting, but we now have a fulltime virtual bookstore manager. While those first six months were rough, it has been an absolute godsend when it comes to collection development, textbook cost reduction programming, and OER development. It gives us direct access to useful data and has allowed us to engage in proactive collection development that has significantly increased faculty awareness and appreciation of the library as an instructional collaborator and resource. I'd ne happy to talk about this more when we all next meet.

Best,
Amy

Best,
Amy