[LIBRARYDIR] Libraries and Bookstore Models

Smith, Erin Erin.Smith at scc.spokane.edu
Wed May 1 06:39:45 PDT 2024

Good Morning,

Our colleges are in the stages of renegotiating our bookstore contract and shopping around for vendors. It has been proposed by some that the Library could be the keeper and distributer of textbooks and textbook sales. Understandably, that is not sitting well with many of our Librarians.

What are other college's bookstore models? How are your Libraries involved, or not, with the college bookstore? Do any of your Libraries distribute/sell textbooks? What bookstore vendors do your institutions use? We have a taskforce that's been developed and I want to bring back information from other colleges and their models.

Thank you,
Erin

Erin Smith, MSML
Assistant Dean Arts & Sciences
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Building 1, Room B-203G, MS #2011
1810 N Greene Street | Spokane WA 99217-5399
509-533-8016 | erin.smith at scc.spokane.edu<mailto:erin.smith at scc.spokane.edu>

[Spokane Community College logo]