[LIBRARYDIR] WACTCLC Summer Workshops - register now!

Hill, Carleigh CarleighH at bigbend.edu
Fri Jun 7 12:40:48 PDT 2024

Share out!

E-Resources Clean-up:  Is your collection drowning in a sea of outdated, inactive, or incomplete records? This presentation will follow my roadmap to get your e-resources well-organized and discoverable. From creating your audit playbook, to updating your A-Z list, and everything in between. Learn methods for identifying missing information, standardizing formats, and weeding out outdated collections. Explore strategies for developing workflows to ensure consistency and accuracy in the future.
Option 1: June 25 & July 2, 10-11 am   Register<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScrL0le8VJIyMzxC4eAIv5W6wOtObs9Lp6YrFKRONot-XEnkA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Option 2: Aug 9 &16, 10-11 am   Register<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScrL0le8VJIyMzxC4eAIv5W6wOtObs9Lp6YrFKRONot-XEnkA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Creating Documentation:  Documenting organizational practices is an on-going, but often neglected, area of operations. Any library can benefit from adding to or improving its work documentation. Why? Because documentation encourages knowledge sharing, allows teams to look at processes with fresh eyes, mitigates disruption with staff turnover, and improves consistency and accuracy. It can also be an important tool for demonstrating value and building strategic direction.
July 16 & Aug 6, 9:30-11 am   Register<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZB94Atu3CgL6vQr0ax7TUdZsIUdxPIkBqgr_S4tIQdJtifQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Analytics Advanced: Let's play around with the Alma Analytics API, and create cool visualizations or useful dashboards. Brings your problems and needs and we'll all work together to figure it out. I've got some Javascript and a little bit of SQL that might just be what you're looking for.
Aug 20 & 27, 9:30-11 am   Register<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhyzJzKnYIsncxOPHnfHJF52i3LQ2AG6F_q6zxeqD4eivKKA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Primo Accessibility: Ensure everyone can navigate your Primo interface! We will leverage Primo's built-in accessibility features and explore best practices for creating a truly inclusive discovery experience. We will also explore the accessibility gaps in Primo. We will look at your users' behavior data to streamline your Primo.
 Aug 13, 9:30 am-12:30 pm   Register<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScT-QJgoGptITIWTfyDYOA8wLNyS9ZKX7cXXLH47x9b36Wd_w/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Carleigh E. Hill (she/her)

Services Manager

WACTCLC