[LIBRARYDIR] State Library GALE database licensing

Hill, Carleigh CarleighH at bigbend.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:46:23 PDT 2023

Hello all!

I know many of you are in the midst of tough budget decisions so I wanted to get this information out as quickly as possible.

The Washington State GALE contract for 2023-2024 has been renewed, and pricing for participating institutions will be the same as 2022-2023 (state subsidizing ~50%). This is the first of three optional one-year extensions on the original two-year contract.

Will Stuivenga has let me know that there are plans to conduct needs assessment activities this fall, so I will make sure that the CTC libraries have all the information necessary to participate in that feedback opportunity.

Will is meeting with the GALE team next Tuesday to determine the opt-in/cancelation deadline for participation. That information will be posted to the State Library site and I will get it announced too. If your library is considering cancelation you will need to submit the form available here <https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/library/libraries/projects/sdl/Cancellation_Form.pdf> before that deadline. (The form says 2022-2023, but Will said it can be used for this year).

Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance in gathering information relevant to this contract.

Carleigh

Carleigh E. Hill (she/her)

Services Manager

WACTCLC