[LIBRARYDIR] Accessibility and LLC Discussion Tomorrow

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Thu Mar 2 13:14:37 PST 2023

Dear LLC,

At the winter meeting you met Monica Olsson, the Policy Associate for Accessibility at SBCTC. During that conversation, she and Jeannie shared highlights from the LLC Accessibility survey results. Please go ahead and refresh your memory by reviewing the Survey Highlights<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b90iym03kfC3pqmSm3r3y9uBRFlnvQVWrlKgKpAPkRc/edit> now.

At tomorrow's meeting Monica and I will revisit the survey highlights with a focus on the types of training requests that rose to the top for our group.

We will also ask for volunteers to join the LLC Accessibility Task Force. Ideally, we would like to identify between 3 and 5 people. This opportunity is open to both LLC members and non-members alike, so please consider it!

The Accessibility Task Force will collaborate with SBCTC and the LLC eTeam to coordinate trainings and also help write accessibility-related goals that will be added in the upcoming Work Plan this coming fall.

Thank you, and see you tomorrow!

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator
Library