[LIBRARYDIR] WLA mentors needed - apply by Friday 9/23

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Wed Sep 21 15:55:17 PDT 2022

Hello all,

On behalf of the WLA Professional Development Committee, I invite you to sign up to be a mentor.  We have twice as many mentee applications as mentors and there are several people interested in academic libraries.  The Mentor Orientation<https://www.wla.org/mentoring> is available online if you want to learn more.

WLA Mentorship Program

The goal of the program is to create a valuable experience for members, build professional relationships, and strengthen the profession within Washington. We invite Librarians, Paraprofessionals, Program Managers, Supervisors, Consultants, Retired, other library staff to participate.

Benefits of mentoring:
*         Mentees: Develop your skills, learn from the best, and build professional relationships.
*         Mentors: Helping develop future leaders, grow your leadership skills, and contribute to the profession.
*         Learn from others' perspectives and experiences.
Mentor Application

If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please fill out the application to be added to the mentor pool. If you are matched with a mentee, we will contact you. Apply here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBhm8YffN8JAQ9HxBcZxRsZ3PmoF5Wh4rqrOvp4x2IlP6-Ag/viewform>!

Thanks,
Erica