[LIBRARYDIR] Fw: Recommendations NEEDED: Proftech subject areas for open textbooks

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Wed Jun 22 09:49:22 PDT 2022

________________________________
From: Openwa <openwa-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Monique Belair via Openwa <openwa at lists.ctc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 9:42 AM
To: An open educational resources network for WA faculty and staff <openwa at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Monique Belair <mbelair at sbctc.edu>
Subject: [Openwa] Recommendations NEEDED: Proftech subject areas for open textbooks

Recommendations NEEDED: Proftech subject areas for open textbooks

Sponsored by the FIPSE grant from the U.S. Department of Education, SBCTC has been developing a set of openly-licensed textbooks in some of the highest-demand professional-technical (proftech) programs. They are Introduction to Healthcare, Introduction to Welding, and Introduction to Criminal Justice.

SBCTC expects to begin another round of development of open textbooks and is in the process of identifying NEW subjects to include. Specifically, we are looking to create

  *   Introductory level textbooks in the proftech field that
     *   have high enrollment or high industry demand
     *   and will benefit by the development of openly-licensed textbooks

We would greatly appreciate any recommendations for potential proftech textbook subjects. Please send these directly to me (mbelair at sbctc.edu<mailto:mbelair at sbctc.edu>), preferably by Friday, June 30th.

Thank you,

Monique

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Monique Belair  she|her|hers<https://lgbtq.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-01/RAIN%20Adding%20Pronouns%20to%20Your%20Signature%20Line%20FAQ.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>

Program Manager - WA Open ProfTech

Program Administrator

EdTech & OpenEd | SBCTC

mbelair at sbctc.edu<mailto:mbelair at sbctc.edu>  360-704-3942

SBCTC Vision

“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities”