[LIBRARYDIR] Update: OER and Low-Cost Course Attribute Descriptions

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:41:53 PST 2022

Colleagues,

Great News! I was just informed by SBCTC's ctcLink Support team that the description changes for OER and Low-Cost Textbook Course Attributes have been approved to include a dash at the beginning of the description. This change will go into effect on January 18th, 2022. This enables course attributes to be more visible to students while they search for classes in HCX Mobile. With the addition of the dash at the beginning of the description, these attributes now appear at the top of the drop-down list in HCX Mobile (example screenshot attached).

The change was approved based on our request - with strong support from the eLearning Council and Library Leadership Council - and I am truly grateful and proud. Special thanks to Dawn and Candice, the chairs of the councils, for their prompt response and leadership.

Please let me know (bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu>) if you have any questions. See OER & Low-Cost Labeling: Implementation Guide<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/oer-low-cost-label-implementation.aspx> for general information about the OER/Low-Cost labeling guideline.

Thanks again!

Boyoung

Boyoung Chae, Ph.D.

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Policy Associate, Educational Technology & Open Education

Openwa.org<http://www.openwa.org/> | OER & Low-Cost Label<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/oer-low-cost-label-implementation.aspx>

bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu> |360-628-3549