[LIBRARYDIR] Guided Pathways and Libraries: Centering Student Voice for Equity and Engagement

Watkins, Candice cwatkins at tacomacc.edu
Tue Feb 8 16:20:35 PST 2022

Hello everyone! This is just a reminder that you're all invited to a virtual presentation tomorrow on Guided Pathways and Libraries: Centering Student Voice for Equity and Engagement. The session will be recorded and shared afterwards if you can't make it!

In this session, we'll explore how libraries can transform themselves to better align with student needs and perspectives. We'll explore the findings of the Community College Libraries and Academic Support for Student Success (CCLASSS)<https://sr.ithaka.org/publications/student-needs-are-academic-needs/> survey, as well as learn about its impact on Pierce College Library, a participant in the survey.

We hope to highlight barriers for students and discuss library services and strategies to help eliminate those barriers.

What you will take away from this session:

  1.  A better understanding of student perspectives on the challenges they face as they pursue a college education.
  2.  Opportunity to discuss these issues with peers at institutions around the state.
  3.  Techniques to gather student voices at your college.

Time: Feb 9, 2022, 1:30-3p.m.

Hosted by: The Library Leadership Council<https://sites.google.com/lowercolumbia.edu/walibraryleadershipcouncil/home> of WA (LLC)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://tacomacc-edu.zoom.us/j/89426305309

Session facilitators include:

  *   Christie Flynn, Dean of Library & Learning Resources, Pierce College
  *   Michelle Andreas, Vice President of Instruction, South Puget Sound Community College
  *   Deb Gilchrist, former Vice President of Instruction, Pierce College
  *   Library Leadership Council board members:
     *   Candice Watkins (Tacoma Community College), Greg Bem (Lake Washington Technical College), Heath Hayden (Bellevue College), Erica Coe (Olympic College), Jeannie Henkle (Wenatchee Valley College)

Hope to see you there!

Candice Watkins [she/her pronouns]

Interim Dean of Library & Learning Innovation

Tacoma Community College

6501 South 19th Street

Tacoma, WA. 98466

253-566-5091