[LIBRARYDIR] Faculty Diversity LibGuide

Ventura, Gerie GVENTURA at highline.edu
Wed Sep 1 14:31:48 PDT 2021

Hello LLC!

It looks like a number of us are posting for new jobs, so our colleague at Renton Technical College created a libguide that can help us expand our reach. I updated our LLC "Projects" page to a "Resources" page and linked to it there. Thank you, Jessica! Check it out!

If you have ideas on more resources to add to that page, let me know! Open to making it an updated, reliable source of information for our group.

Thanks,

Gerie Ventura (she/her/they)
Library Director
LLC WebMaven 2021-2022
[Louie Gong Native American artist-inspired Highline College Library. A blue eagle head on a green and white background with blue text.]

"In alignment with SBCTC's vision to lead with racial equity<https://www.sbctc.edu/about/dei/>, it is important for library workers to recruit, welcome, and retain diverse faculty to build a more equitable society for everyone. I have developed a Faculty Diversity Toolkit for Library Leaders<https://sites.google.com/lowercolumbia.edu/walibraryleadershipcouncil/resources?authuser=0> to help fellow library leaders learn more about how to recruit and retain diverse library faculty into their workplaces. I recognize that diversity is a general topic, so the scope of this guide focuses on racial/ethnic diversity of the library workforce.

What's Inside this Guide?

Through this guide, you will find:

  *   Foundational resources to help you think about hiring strategies, best practices and potential barriers in diversifying your faculty
  *   Recommended reading on the perspectives from librarians of color, as well as learning more about white supremacy in the library context
  *   Recommended venues to share your job postings at to increase the diversity of your applicant pool
  *   Local faculty diversity retention resources to help faculty of color build community and their leadership skills

Why?

Our students benefit from colleges who have faculty members who represent the diversity of Washington state. A diverse library faculty signals to students from historically-minoritized communities that libraries are truly welcoming and that careers in librarianship are accessible and achievable."

Please email comments, questions, or ideas on resources to add to: Jessica Koshi-Lum<mailto:jkoshi-lum at rtc.edu>

Jess Koshi-Lum, MLISc
Associate Dean
Library

(425) 235-2352, ext. 5678

jkoshi-lum at rtc.edu<mailto:%20jkoshi-lum at rtc.edu> | rtc.edu<https://www.rtc.edu/>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

[A0F2258E]
3000 NE 4th St., Renton WA 98056
Students Succeed at RTC.
[3E8338CC]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>[2DC334BA]<https://twitter.com/rentontech>[9B9A0CD8]<https://www.youtube.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[4CA980A6]<https://www.linkedin.com/authwall?trk=bf&trkInfo=AQFD2NZnChpb-AAAAXGZEWvg1Mp3J_knhRaAqPO8GNYLmeRyDN70BBDZW6XWSoHht-s03bvIy2DgdsKC9Twnzlig-8C5h6dtApOT_hYS39H1s4RBmHDO9l0Ry2z8O-CEORqWh3k=&originalReferer=&sessionRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompany%2Frenton-technical-college>[948AFBA4]<https://www.instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>