[LIBRARYDIR] LibChat rates

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Fri Oct 1 10:26:58 PDT 2021

Greetings Directors List. Cross posting this question to a couple places.

For those of you who have been helping with your Ask a Librarian chat, have you seen any changes over the last few months? I have personally seen (on Fridays, when I staff the chat) fewer chats through our system. And LWTech chats in general seem to have dropped in number significantly.

I'm wondering if this is a combination of reopened libraries, or a developed culture around emailing libraries directly or doing virtual reference, or all of the above.

Thanks for your information!

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator
Library Learning Commons