[LIBRARYDIR] Labor Acknowledgments

Ventura, Gerie GVENTURA at highline.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:00:33 PDT 2021

We do not use this, but I heard about it in a campus meeting.  Gerie/Highline

Further, we respectfully acknowledge the enslaved people, primarily of African descent who provided exploited labor on which this country was built, with little to no recognition. Today, we are indebted to their labor and the labor of many black and brown bodies that continue to work in the shadows for our collective benefit.

We want to make sure we added this part as well, because as educators it is so encumbered upon us to understand, appreciate, and syllabi the people that have made it possible for us to learn and educate in this space.