[LIBRARYDIR] registration holds for overdue library items

Amy Kelly akelly1 at spscc.edu
Mon Jul 19 12:34:43 PDT 2021

Hi,

At SPSCC, we don't block registration; instead, we put a hold on transcripts (official and unofficial) and diplomas.

We are having difficulty getting laptops back too. We just sent an email explaining that IT is disabling overdue laptops, that we will be blocking transcripts and diplomas, and that we are offering "small tokens of appreciation" to the people who return them. (We have a bunch of pre-pandemic swag, like pens, water bottles, stickers, lanyards, etc.) We also explain that even if students will need to check them out again, the laptops have to go to IT for updates and reimaging.

We do the same for chromebooks, but they can't be disabled, so we leave that part out.

Good luck! If anyone else has had success getting laptops/chromebooks returned, I'd love to know how you did it.

Amy S. Kelly

Dean of Academic Success Programs

South Puget Sound Community College