[LIBRARYDIR] Hello from Claire Murata

Claire Murata claire.murata at edmonds.edu
Wed Jul 21 09:31:41 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself in my new role at Edmonds.  I'm a newbie
in administration, but I've spent the last 14 years at Shoreline first as
information literacy librarian and then as collection development
librarian.  I also spent some time as acting director and college
professional learning lead. Before that, I subbed and temped at public,
university, and special libraries, and in the before times of
librarianship, I was an ESL teacher in New York, Seattle, and Japan.

I am particularly interested in how recreational reading influences
learners, how academic libraries work with publishers to publish diverse
voices, and whether open educational resources are a viable textbook
option.

When I first got the job, I asked if Lynn Kanne would be my mentor, and she
said everyone in LLC will mentor me!  I'm excited to get to know you all,
and some of you all better, and I need to learn everything!

My new colleagues at Edmonds are hard-working, focused, and able to do
anything, from what I've learned so far, and I hope I can serve them in the
same manner.

Thanks so much,

*Claire Murata, MLIS*
Associate Dean, Library and Learning Services
pronouns:she/her
20000 68th Ave. W., Lynnwood WA 98036 | edmonds.edu
claire.murata at edmonds.edu |

[image: college logo]