[LIBRARYDIR] Updated COVID guidance

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Thu Jul 8 14:13:11 PDT 2021

Hi all,

SBCTC has shared the attached Issue Brief on COVID-19 safety protocols for higher ed.

What rules should we follow for college activities that have parallel functions out in the community?
For activities that have parallel functions out in the general community - personal services, fitness centers, libraries, performing arts, venues and culinary-program restaurants, for example - our colleges have always followed the Healthy Washington protocols rather than the higher education proclamation. The Healthy Washington requirements went away on June 30, along with many restrictive protocols. That said, SBCTC believes the intent of the Governor's Office is for nonvaccinated campuses to maintain 3-foot physical distancing even if distancing restrictions have been lifted at counterpart services/functions out in the local community. Colleges should ensure visitors comply with the DOH face covering order requiring unvaccinated people to wear masks.

Thanks,
Erica