[LIBRARYDIR] SBCTC Quality Matters Subscription Update

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Fri Jan 8 11:25:06 PST 2021

Forwarding for Alissa.
------------------------------------

Hi all,

Quality Matters (QM) has been an asset to our colleges for the last 12 years and many faculty in our system have gained valuable online course design skills by participating in QM training and QM course reviews.  Due to budget constraints, SBCTC will not be renewing the system-level subscription to QM this year.  Our current subscription expires on March 15, 2021.  At that time campus access to subscription-based discounts on workshop tuition, course reviews, and rubric workbooks will end.  However, all individual faculty and staff QM accounts will remain intact.

As of today, the sign-up form for national-level QM training (APPQMR, PRC, MRC workshops etc.) has been closed and after March 15th, SBCTC will no longer offer monthly system-level APPQMR and IYOC workshops.  Until then, please see the schedule below for upcoming SBCTC QM training opportunities.  If you, or someone on your campus, would like to participate in one of these online workshops, please fill-out SBCTC’s QM workshop sign-up form<http://bit.ly/SBCTC-System-QM-Workshops>.

  *   01.14.21 - 02.02.21:  Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) … 3 seats open
  *   02.04.21 - 02.23.21:  Improving Your Online Course (IYOC)… 15 seats open
  *   02.18.21 - 03.09.21:  Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) … 20 seats open
For campuses wishing to continue as QM members, please visit the Membership section of QM’s website<https://www.qualitymatters.org/qm-membership> for information about Basic, Full, and Consortium level QM subscriptions for Higher Ed institutions.  If your campus is interested in joining in a Consortium level subscription with Clark College, please contact Kathy Chatfield at KChatfield at clark.edu<mailto:KChatfield at clark.edu>.

While QM will be missed and can never be replaced, our state-wide collaboration on the WA Course Design Checklist<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1061XiKrwsNIiUoviEybi3otW63eAlgyE9AjXO89D1MA/edit?usp=sharing> will continue in support of SBCTC’s commitment to quality online course design.  Watch for WA Checklist messaging to arrive soon!

Please feel free to send me any questions you may have.

Thanks,

😊 Alissa

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Alissa Sells
Program Administrator, Student Success Center
asells at sbctc.edu<mailto:asells at sbctc.edu> • 425.239.0456 • @WAeLearning
Ed Tech Professional Development Opportunities<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/elearning-professional-development.aspx>
SBCTC COVID 19 Remote Teaching Resources<https://bit.ly/3byJaBm>
Alissa’s Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E974KNpdyvUndCqAugPcvqRMzCSW-xqKGe6Hv0kHxOw/edit?usp=sharingC:\Users\Alissa\Documents\Custom%20Office%20Templates>