[LIBRARYDIR] [EXTERNAL] Controversial Book Request-your thoughts?

Jacquelyn Ray jacquelyn.ray at wwcc.edu
Mon Aug 23 14:57:43 PDT 2021

Thanks Candice!    I am hoping for a collective brainstorm as my lean was towards "no" with some suggested alternative titles, but it wasn't an automatic "no" for me either.   Yes, this caught my eye as well, a very small number of publics (6, I think?) have this title and two happen to be KCLS and Sno-Isle.

I will honestly say I think WWCC is pretty darn good on making sure that we have multiple perspectives, one of our titles that is more conservative leaning is constantly out on ILL-something I just discovered a month ago--oddly enough to KCLS and SPL most frequently.

Anyway, yes, it is an interesting question to ponder!

​Jacquelyn Ray, MLIS, MA | Library Director | she/her
Walla Walla Community College
Need help evenings or weekends? Try our 24/7 Ask-a-Librarian Chat Service!<https://askwa.libanswers.com/widget_chat.php?hash=d266f8c192e1c15230f3b8f764dcead2>

Hope, as an ontological need, demands an anchoring in practice.
We need critical hope the way a fish needs unpolluted water.
(Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of Hope)

<https://askwa.libanswers.com/widget_chat.php?hash=d266f8c192e1c15230f3b8f764dcead2>